TV Study Method and ScriptsJanuary 4, 2022 | Methods
This study makes use of a number of software and hardware tools to collect and process data. The tools used are seperated by phase of study:
- Identification of unique sub and above audible range that have been documented in published patents to exhibit nervous system response:
- Debian Linux box.
- ATSC with record function for the collection of TV programming samples over the digital airwaves.
- SoX used with scripts for charting below 20 and below 100Hz as well as above 18kHz.
- Gummi LaTex editor for transcribing in TeX format then to PDF.
- ffmpeg for conversion of media as well as frequency band high and low pass, before using with SoX.
- Identification of correlation between audio and placebo audio (below and above audio removed) with frontal lobe EEG data:
- GNUplot for charting of the collected EEG data.
- MUSE EEG headset.
- Android Software: Mind Monitor, for connected EEG band to Android phone via bluetooth for real time data collection from 4 probes of the frontal lobe.
Scripts so far:
- Draft of script to render audio data to FFT charts using the -spectrogram function of SoX:
#sox $1 -S -n spectrogram -y 400 -X 24 -h -o $1spec_full_c.png
sox $1 -S -n spectrogram -y 400 -X 24 -m -o $1spec_full_m.png
#-t raw -s -w -c 1 -
sox $1 -S -c1 $1spec_below.wav sinc -100.0 rate 200
sox $1 -S -c1 $1spec_above.wav sinc -22k-18k bandpass 18k-20k
#| sillyscope --range=2k-20k
#highpass -1 -k 18
#sox $1 -t raw -s -w -c 1 - lowpass 100 -o $1spec_below_m.wav
#sox $1 -t raw -s -w -c 1 - highpass 18000 -o $1spec_above_m.wav
#sox $1 spectrogram -y 400 -X 24 -m -o $1spec_above_m.png
sox $1spec_below.wav -S -n spectrogram -y 400 -X 24 -m -o $1spec_below_m.png
sox $1spec_above.wav -S -n spectrogram -y 400 -X 24 -m -o $1spec_above_m.png
#sox $1spec_below.wav -S -n spectrogram -y 400 -X 24 -h -o $1spec_below_c.png
#sox $1spec_above.wav -S -n spectrogram -y 400 -X 24 -h -o $1spec_above_c.png
#sox mymusic.mp3 -n spectrogram -L -R 50:8k